Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn somewhat money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant approach to assist help this website! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is likely one of the warmest on file right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (not less than!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai pink curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter pink curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you just get pleasure from it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making numerous recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing a listing of 20 components, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll possible by no means discover one other use. So, like with many of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few components as doable to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t must go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai pink curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you can actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, when you don’t like them. While not vital, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you’re feeling will go properly with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply primarily based by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not ) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- pink pepper flakes
You’ll see within the footage that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s not likely seen). This is usually what I add to dishes made with pink curry paste, as I all the time have this stuff available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I take advantage of is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the large measurement, as a result of I really use it fairly typically. This one is vegan, however there are undoubtedly some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I take advantage of sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase is known as Wildwood, however you can even get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I wish to eat this curry as-is, nevertheless it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each contemporary and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you’ll be able to’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an effective possibility. You might additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you’ll be able to’t eat peanut butter, you can use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just be sure you verify the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of although the timing is somewhat totally different, that additional minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go along with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate making an attempt at 2 minutes first, as a result of you’ll be able to all the time warmth it somewhat longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer all the components collectively in a lined pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be certain to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I try to supply correct vitamin info, totally different manufacturers have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations might differ!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous simple to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergic reactions.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai pink curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, pink pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till all the things is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining components, cowl and stress cook dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” methodology. I often use the hybrid methodology – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining stress.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly smooth. The tofu is somewhat chewier at Three minutes, although.