Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant manner to assist help this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Oh, whats up there, buddies! How are you all doing? I’ve actually been feeling the necessity for cookies, extra particularly chocolate chip cookies. I don’t find out about you guys, however I like my chocolate chip cookies on the dense and chewy aspect with just a bit little bit of sweetness. These vegan keto chocolate chip cookies are simply that, whereas additionally being gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
A short time in the past, Think Eat Live despatched me a few of their Sunflour (sunflower seed flour) to strive. They despatched some recipes alongside, however my first intuition was to try to make the factor I’ve been yearning for an eternity: vegan keto, chocolate chip cookies. It’s been a protracted whereas since I’ve made keto chocolate chip cookies for the straightforward cause that the earlier recipe I used contained almond flour, and I’ve since developed an almond allergy.
For these of you with almond points, you in all probability acknowledge how annoying that is. So many vegan, keto, paleo, plant paradox, grain-free, gluten-free and/or some other sort of “alternative diet” recipe comprise almonds. It’s wild. Even peanut-butter flavored issues usually even have almonds, which, simply, why? Anyway, I digress. My level is, I used to be tremendous excited to obtain this flour as a result of it is freed from these pesky almonds, however can be utilized instead of almond flour in recipes. An entire new world is opening up!
In addition to being nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free, these cookies are coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free and altogether grain-free. So, most meals allergy victims ought to be capable of get pleasure from them!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- I used Sunflour for the flour, however you may additionally use almond flour or hazelnut flour (if you are able to do nuts!)
- The sweetener I like to make use of finest is from Lakanto (and you’ll really save 20% in your order with the code MEATFREEKETO). I normally use the Golden Sweetener for cookies, however both granulated one works completely!
- To add a bit extra taste with out including too many carbs or energy, I generally prefer to sneak in a tsp of both cinnamon or espresso powder. This brings a bit extra depth to the flavour profile with out being overwhelming.
- If you solely have psyllium husk powder, simply use 1 tsp as a substitute of the tbsp of complete husks!
- The omission of a leavening agent is on objective! I simply discovered it wasn’t tremendous obligatory. These puff up a bit on their very own.
- I like to make use of Alter Eco Blackout chocolate as a result of they use ethically-sourced chocolate the doesn’t ravage the rainforest or use slave labor or little one labor (no, actually…that’s nonetheless sadly really taking place. It’s additionally genuinely scrumptious chocolate that’s fairly low in sugar! To discover a model of moral chocolate close to you, take a look at this web site.
- I don’t advocate subbing in flax or chia for the psyllium husk. It simply produces an entire completely different texture. I might be updating this submit as I discover extra alternate options!
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary info, completely different manufacturers and kinds of ingredient have differing values. So, your calculations may be barely increased or decrease.
Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the psyllium husk and water/nondairy milk and vanilla till no clumps stay. Set this apart for about 5 minutes. A gel ought to type that’s stable sufficient to not be pourable, however continues to be a bit squishy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the flour, sweetener and salt.
- Once the psyllium gel has arrange, dump it within the bowl with the dry components and begin stirring. It will take a tiny little bit of effort to mix every thing and for the primary 10-15 seconds, it’ll look like these won’t ever change into cookies. However, I promise that a dough will type! Keep stirring till all of the dry bits are integrated into the dough.
- Stir the chocolate bits into the dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal sections. Roll every part right into a ball, and flatten right into a cookie that’s about 1cm thick.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet. These will puff up a tiny bit, however is not going to unfold, so you do not have to fret about having an excessive amount of area between every thing.
- Bake for round 25-30 minutes, till simply golden across the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth. If you attempt to transfer them earlier than the psyllium and sweetener have cooled fully, they won’t arrange and can smush or crumble!
These chewy and barely dense vegan keto cookies are an ideal sugar-free snack. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and surprisingly excessive in protein!